Southill Community 

Click here to edit subtitle

March 2017
A small number of children attended the meeting on 11th March to look at restarting a Youth Club in Southill. It was decided to have an action session in the Easter holiday to help prepare the old KidsRus building for possible use by Young people. We want young people to plan and design what they want for themselves, with SPARK helping it to happen. Watch out for FaceBook information on the SPARK and Southill facebook pages so that you can get involved.
January 2017
SPARK has been formally accepted as a charity by the charity commission with a wide ranging aim of supporting the youth and environment of Southill. It is going to initially focus on four strands of activity:
1.         Improving the facilities at the Health and Well Being Centre ensuring that it generates sufficient income to remain sustainable and hopefully support the work of the other three strands
2.        Meeting with the Young People of the neighbourhood and determining what Youth facilities they wish us to develop, possibly using the KidsRus building
3.         Fundraising to improve the play park equipment and possibly adding a MUGA to the present pen
4.        Supporting the environment team that maintains the flower bed in front of the shops and does the occasional project around the community trying to re-establish the idea that the estate was built as the Southill Garden Village.
We could always do with more volunteers, either to support ad hoc projects in any of the above strands, or else to help us as a committee to function as effectively as possible. Help in adding notes to the web site, managing the Facebook page, watching the fruit trees, taking notes at meetings, wielding a paint brush, acting as treasurer; you name it and we could probably find a place for you in helping Southill become a vibrant place to live.

SPARK Special General Meeting Agenda/Minutes

Date 10 July 2016 Time 11:00 Venue Southill Youth Centre

Present

Pete Barrow, David Harris, James Symonds, Sarah Polkinghorn, Helen Lainsbury

1 Apologies None

2 Minutes/Action Points from last meeting N/A

3 Action Plan

3.1 Business Case

General discussion on the Action Plan and mtg between PB

and Simon Thompson .PB reported that there had been no changes to the BC

since previous meeting

3.2     Incorporation

PB provided an update on the mtg between PB and Simon Thompson of DCA and the fact that the advice was that SPARK should become a CIO, a motion would go to the AGM recommending this and seeking approval from members

Action PB to word a suitable motion and include in AGM PP presentation

3.3      Building Works Specification

JS updated the group on the outcome of the meetings he had held with DCC and advised that he was very worried about the lack of feedback received. JS

was also very concerned about timescales for delivering the work and the effect any delay would have on our potential main user.

Action        DH to send the agreed email to DCC and seek a meeting, both to seek clarification on what financial support DCC are willing to provide and to see if some form of interim arrangement would be possible

3.4     Building Works Delivery

NA as not yet started

3.5 Budget (inc Cash flow)

General discussion on budget etc...

Action JS to send PB the latest estimate on hours PB to rework the budget/cash flow

3.6    Lease

General discussion on the lease and the fact that SPARK requires access to an insured legal adviser.

Action         PB to liaise with DCA to seek advice on sourcing legal advice

3.7     Public Support and Volunteer Capacity

PB updated group on the agenda for the Public Meetin

g and the AGM

Actions        PB to add slide ref the Skills we are looking for from our new volunteers       PB to send email reminder ref Public Meeting        PB to drop of leaflet at School and pre school       HL to send further Facebook reminder ref the Public Meeting

3.8      Fundraising

General discussion of fundraising ideas.

Action JS to investigate the Crowd funding opportunities

3.9     AOB

The group were advised that all documents were being stored on Dropbox and all had access if they wished to view any of them. Also agreement that all public documents would be stored on the Southill Community website.

Actions          PB to give SP and HL access to Dropbox         DH to add page to website